4.30.2010

fashion.intern. boo


HAHA, 

IF I WASN'T CRYING WITH MY OWN DEFEAT, I'D BE LAUGHING AT THE COMPLETE GLOBAL INABILITY TO GAIN A SIMPLE FASHION INTERNSHIP.
I WANT ONE MAJORLY, AND I'M GETTING ZILCH, NOTHING, NADA. 
FAIR- MUCH- NO.
at the moment, being at uni and such, i'm looking for some holiday work, just something to show me the industry, give me a  professional taster, that sort of thing. but results are rubbish. i am dreading starting to look for real internships in september.

CAN YOU BELIEVE ANNA WINTOUR HAS JUST AUCTIONED OFF A WEEK'S INTERNSHIP AT US VOGUE FOR $42,500. puts another spin on the word priceless i guess. 
not really fair that money buys you happiness. what happened to good old hard-work, personal merit and all those things my parents convinced me of.
AS I DON'T HAVE THOSE SORT OF PENNIES LYING AROUND MY MEASLY STUDENT DIGS, I GUESS I BETTER JUST KEEP STUDYING. rrubbishh.

WORK UPDATE: 
-WOMENSWEAR JOURNAL BOUND AND READY, 
-KNITWEAR JOURNAL BOUDNA AND READY, 
-MENSWEAR JOURNAL BOUND BUT NOT FINISHED. needs a few finishing tweeks before it's out of my hands forever. 
-AS FOR REVISION AND MY MAY 7TH DEADLINE- not started.

REWARDING THIS WEEK'S WORK ACHIEVEMENTS WITH A LOVELY MEAL TOMORROW- (3courses, get me.) FOR MY NANA'S BIRTHDAY. then of course, a library trip with la soeur.
talking of anna wintour- i've wanted this longtime.

co-o-o-o-ol

 

2 comments:

  1. well i hope you land an internship!

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you get one too,
    it is hard i hope i can get one when i need one...
    ahh

    ReplyDelete